Install Yahoo Messenger 10 on Ubuntu 9.10

On Dec 29, 2009 8 comments

After my previous post Install Office 2007 and Dreamweaver on Ubuntu 9.10, I continue using this new version of wine to install Yahoo Messenger. I am using Yahoo Messenger 10. Just type on the terminal like other application I installed on my previous post.

$ wine /path/to/yahoo messenger installer




This application cannot run 100% smooth on Linux, but it can do its job helping me to chat with my friend even I'm using Ubuntu.

The new version of wine is very good and run well on my laptop till now. You can try it yourself. Next, I will install other program with wine again. Its maybe Dota.

Hope this help to solve your problem who use old version of wine.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

siang,. mampir sebentar. tks dah ke blog aku ya

Ivan Kavalera said...

Thanks infonya. Mantap.

Anonymous said...

I never use the linux (ubuntu) operating system.

zulian said...

thanks for visiting my blog..

@ivan : you're welcome
@tongkonanku : you must try it then

miky999 said...

CAN YOU TELL ME IF YOU CAND TRANSFER FILES ON UBUNTU WITH THIS YAHOO

Unknown said...

how to install yahoo messenger 10 for ubuntu 11

ronit said...

Hi i am using the Ubuntu 11 version.I need the setup file for yahoo messenger and also the way to install it. Somebody please help ,me out

Unknown said...

answer for yahoo installation :sp1 -install wine in ur ubuntu
sp2 - download yahoo.exe file
sp3 - install yahoo
sp4 - enjoy it

Post a Comment